12:30 Pm - to - 04:00 pm
thirukadaiyur city located in Nagapattinam and This place historical name is Vilvavanam. Amirthakadeshwarar and abirami temple is very famous temple here, this temple just few meter away from Chennai to Nagapattinam ECR - National Highway Road
About the thirukadaiyur Temple
- karmakandi priests who are doing poojas from last 8 generations at thirukadaiyur temple.
- All 60th 70th 80th marriages and poojas rituals are scheduled during right Muhurta (auspicious time) based on your birth details.
- All poojas & homam are done through proper vedic mantras, maintaining 100% count of the chanting.
- This is ancient big temple in thirukadaiyur. It is the place where Lord Shiva protected Markandeya from Yama. This thirukkadaiyur temple give longevity of happy life to devotees.
Ambal and shiva abishegam timings:-
06:00, 08:30, 12:30,and evening 05:30
Thirukadaiyur Travel Guide
- Mayiladuthurai - mayiladuthurai to thirukadaiyur travel take 40 minutes
- Chidambaram - chidambaram to thirukadaiyur travel take 1.15 hours
- Karaikal - Karaikal to thirukadaiyur travel take 30 minutes
Chennai - 135 mi - 6 hrs
Puducherry - 66 mi - 3 hrs
Neyveli - 43 mi - 2 hrs
Trichy - 78 mi - 4 hrs
Nearest bus stand
Thirukadaiyur have National Highway bus stand, so all buses stop here - many direct buses available
From Mayiladuthurai - 20 minutes once [ first bus morning 04:30 and last bus 11:00 Pm ]
From Chidambaram - 10 minutes once [ECR]
From Karaikal - 10 minutes once [ECR]
From Puducherry - 1 hrs once
From Chennai - 1.30 hrs once [ECR]
Why this temple so famous
This is 1000+ year old temple build by chola kings and this temple owned by dharmapuram adheenam.
The eight ashta veerattanams temple built for shiva totally eight places and this temple is 8th place (Lord yama was killed)
This thirukadaiyur temple Lord shiva killed Yama for saving Maarkandeya life and shiva bestowed upon him the boon that he would remain sixteen forever.
This Amritaghateswarar-Abirami Temple also called as thirukkadaiyur temple
Nearest place to visit
- - Poompuhar Beach (historical place) - 30 minutes travel
- - Danish Fort (open 10:00 Am - close 05:45 pm) -Friday closed - 10 minutes travel
- - Sri Thri Nethra Dhasapuja Veera Anjaneyar temple - 5 minutes travel
- - Arulmigu Swetharanyeswarar Temple - 30 minutes travel
- - Pichavaram mangrove forest - 1.30 hrs travel
- - pazhaiyar beach - 1.30 hrs travel
- - Arulmigu Brahmapureeswarar Temple - 40 minutes travel
- - Nithyakalyana Perumal Temple, Karaikal - 40 minutes
- - karaikal ammaiyar temple - 40 minutes
- - Sri bhadrakali temple ambagarathur - 1 hr travel
- - Thillai Nataraja Temple, Chidambaram - 1.30 hrs travel